If you’re looking for a weekend ลิเวอร์พูล away with a difference then perhaps you haven’t got the time or the budget to stretch to a weekend abroad, so why not consider a weekend in Liverpool?
Here’s what you need to know to have the perfect weekend away in Liverpool.
1. You’ll need to know when you are coming, so that you can find out what’s going on here. You might, or might not, want to be in town when the Merseyside Derby takes place, or when a certain exhibition is on at Tate Liverpool.
2. Booking your Liverpool city centre hotel well in advance is a good idea. There are many visitors to Liverpool, both on business and for pleasure, on a daily basis, so whilst there are a lot of hotels and other Liverpool accommodation, you won’t to miss out on your choice of Liverpool hotel, or be out of the city centre.
3. You’re activities might be dictated by time specific events, such as a football match on a Saturday afternoon, or a show or concert one evening.
4. There are many restaurants, bars and cafés here in Liverpool, so you’re never far from something to eat, no matter whether you want a fantastic meal in a world class restaurant, or a sit down and a cup of coffee whilst you’re out shopping. It might be an idea to book your table in advance if you want to go to a popular restaurant on Friday or Saturday night.
5. Friday Night might see you getting ready to go to a show at the Liverpool Empire, or at the newly opened Liverpool Arena. Whether you enjoy plays and theatre performances, or lavish stage shows from some of the world’s most famous entertainers, you’ll have an amazing time.
6. Your Saturday could be spent taking a tour of the city, or going on a Beatles themed tour. You won’t want to miss out on the fabulous shopping facilities offered by Liverpool One, and the designer boutiques in the city, and the unmissable Bold Street.
7. After a hard day shopping, you’ll want to prepare for your Saturday night out in Liverpool. As well as choosing from a great number of places to eat, including Chinatown, why not go to a music venue such as the Cavern Club or the Philharmonic Hall if the idea of exploring Liverpool’s incredible nightlife doesn’t really appeal to you?
8. Sunday Morning is an excellent time to go the hugely impressive World Museum in Liverpool. With many hands on exhibits, and lots to see and do it really is well worth a visit, whether you bring your children or not.
9. Your Sunday Afternoon could be spent enjoying the Albert Dock and the Tate Liverpool Gallery. There is always plenty to see here, and with many important artworks from some of the most influential artists, including Picasso, Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollack. If you appreciate art, then you’ve got to go to Tate Liverpool
10. After a busy Sunday, you’ll eventually have to think about heading back home. Liverpool has an excellent transport infrastructure, and with Liverpool John Lennon Airport only 7 miles from the city centre, it’s not hard to get to or from Liverpool by air. With a comprehensive train and motorway network, however you’re travelling to or from Liverpool, it’ll be easy.